Warren's Store and
The Grange Movement began in 1867 by The Patrons of Husbandry which was a more-or-less monopolization on farming put together by local farmers of every community throughout the Unites States. The club met as a gathering of resources to help farmers get an upper hand on everything from state-of-the-art machinery to politics. For Cambria, the seat of Niagara County and a place of very well established farms, this Grange was a true powerhouse. It also seems to have become a posh retreat for its members along the Million Dollar Highway as well in its later years.
The two story portion of the Grange Hall was once the Warren's Corners store. Its build date is unknown at this time but its placement right in the center of Warren's Corners would have made it a fine Grocery in its day.
10/6/2017 05:41:10 pm
Do you know the names of the people in the photo?
10/6/2017 05:45:43 pm
We know that the gentleman in the back row, second from the left is Allen Holden Forsyth but he is the only person identified so far.
Leave a Reply.
FORSYTH-Warren Tavern Museum
Rent the Tavern