Envelope containing the photo to the left, mailed to Mary Forsyth-Warren from Ezra
This article is mostly true; however, the church at Warren's (Formerly Forsyth's) Corners was not yet built when Ezra passionately took in the words of Lorenzo Dow on a Sunday morning in June of 1817. In those days the circuit preacher stood atop a tree stump outside of Mr. Ezra's Tavern. The first Methodist Church at Warren's Corners was built in 1825 after Ezra donated land and $100 towards that construction. Prior to this, Ezra had also donated land and money for the Warren's Corners school where the first church meeting were held. Ezra also owned the Warren's Corners grocery along with the Tavern and Post Office in his and Mary's home. They had eight children there as well, along with four children of Mary and John. All of their children were well bred and well respected. They and their parent's became strong figures in business, religion and politics.
Though nobody every wrote about the romance that developed between Sargent Ezra Warren and the Widow Mary Forsyth back in 1812, the mere idea of that romance is beautifully inspiring. Ezra was a Sargent, a pioneer businessman and a circuit preacher. He touched the lives of more people than could even be estimated and died after a long and illustrious life just shy of his ninetieth birthday. Warren's Corners will forever and respectfully carry his name and today we show our respect and gratitude to him.